Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Athena is a snugglekitty???

In other news, Orpheus was having some sort of allergic reaction (he sounded like he was having asthma) so I took him to the vet. They weren't able to identify exactly what it was, but they gave me antihistamines and antibiotics. Additionally, we got him test for FIV: He was negative!!! So that means that Alma is my only FIV cat. (Thank god, I'd feel incredibly guilty if I cause O to get the disease)

Most surprisingly, Athena snuggled up to me on the couch last night. She curled into a little ball with her back against my leg. For about 2 seconds, but what a breakthrough. I had put Rescue Remedy into the cats' water a few months back. It just made Athena sleepy but no less wary. Recently Alma has been in a bitchy mood (I think it's because she's weaning, but she may just not like other cats). Orpheus has been pissed off because he's not feeling well. And I'm tired of the hissing and growling. I added the flower essence to their water again and Athena is perceptably more laid-back. If this keeps up, I'll keep dosing her until she's tame.

Life is good!

No comments: